On November 5th, the first meeting of the Presidium of the Social Dialog Council was held. Organizational issues related to its Office, as well as topics to be taken up at the first meeting of the Plenary Council.
Taskforces will be chaired by:
- Andrzej Malinowski (Employers of Poland) – taskforce for economic policy and labour market;
- Henryk Nakonieczny (NSZZ „Solidarność”) – taskforce for budget, remuneration and benefits;
- Jacek Męcina (Konfederacja Lewiatan) – taskforce for labour law;
- Jak Klimek (Polish Crafts Association) – taskforce for social insurance;
- Zbigniew Zurek (Business Centre Club) – taskforce for social dialog;
- Zygmunt Mierzejewski (Forum Związków Zawodowych) – taskforce for European funds;
- Bogdan Kubiak (NSZZ „Solidarność”) – taskforce for international affairs.
The first topics to be addressed by the Council will be the public procurement law and the refunded medicine list.
The date of the first plenary meeting has not been set yet. As Piotr Duda emphasized, it is dependent on the political situation, as government representatives have to attend.
The Council will succeed the Tripartite Committee for Social and Economic Affairs, which had been active since 2001. The 59-person Council will also include representatives of the National Bank of Poland and the Central Statistical Office of Poland – with an advisory vote. Four employers’ organizations – Employers of Poland, Lewiatan, the Polish Craft Association and Business Centre Club – nominated 6 members each, while the three unions presented 3 each. Further 8 people – 8 ministers and 2 viceministers – were nominated by PM Kopacz.
The representation of Employers of Poland is as follows: President Andrzej Malinowski, Rafał Baniak – Executive Vicepresident of Employers of Poland, Iwona Sroka – Vicepresident of Employers of Poland, Jarosław Zagórowski – Vicepresident of Employers of Poland, Jan Buczek – Chairman of the Association of International Road Hauliers in Poland (ZMPD) and Joanna Makowiecka-Gaca – Chairwoman Polimex-Mostostal.