On Saturday, 9th of January at the Hilton hotel in Warsaw took place the Employers’ Ball organised by the Employers of Poland, during which one awarded the prestigious Wektors 2009 prizes. The honoured ones were people and institutions, which activity in different economy branches can be an example for others. – A Wektor laureate is an author of innovative solutions – such, which create a climate favourable for the development of entrepreneurship in Poland – said the President of Employers of Poland Andrzej Malinowski during the celebration.
Wektors are awards certifying business efficiency and reliability, guaranteeing the Laureates acknowledgement among Polish entrepreneurs. They are esteemed not only in the world of business, but also politics, culture and media. It is a sui generis quality and efficiency certificate.
Te Wektor statuettes for the year 2009 were awarded to the following people and institutions:
- Aleksander Grad – for the courage in undertaking very difficult decisions and a determined will of solving the hitherto unsolvable economic problems. For leading to successful debuts on the stock exchange of important companies of the Treasury and consequent activity in favour of the Polish economy.
- Astra and TP S.A. – for their activities towards popularizing broadband Internet in Poland and building solid basis of an information society, for creating technical conditions of a modern social mobility and flexibility and popularizing e-culture and e-science.
- ERGO HESTIA SA Sopot Insurance Company – for the strategy of creating competitive advantages and dynamic development thanks to which Hestia elevated from a local company to the position of vice-leader of the insurance market in Poland. For supporting artists and promoting Polish literature and art.
- Andrzej Dąbrowski – for proving that the professionalism of management and vision of development brings successes even in such a difficult branch as the tobacco industry. For launching new brands, promoting innovative business solutions and investments bringing new workplaces and skilful combining of economic success with activities in favour of local communities.
- Marek Małecki – for building the SOLBET capital group – the biggest producer of wall materials in Poland – from the basis and promoting its brand on European markets, for consequent introduction of innovative technologies on worldwide level and the attention to highest level of offered products.
- Zygmunt Solorz-Żak – for non-standard approach towards the telecommunication market in Poland, consequent development of digital television and systematic extension of programme and technical offer, for delivering joy and entertainment in highest digital quality to millions of Poles.
- Polish Energy Group – for the biggest and most successful debut on the stock exchange in 2009 and proving that the Polish electro-energy industry is attractive for foreign investors. For the “success in difficult times” – achieving good financial results in the times of economic slowdown and perspective investment plans stimulating the company’s development.
- Jan Wejchert (post-mortally) – for the creative input in shaping of the Polish market economy, for passion, impetus and versatility of undertaken economic ventures and for paying real attention to ethics and good practices in business activity.
The “Wektor” statuette, awarded since 2002 – symbolises a man walking proudly, who does not regard obstacles and adversities – quickly gained prestige and acknowledgement among Polish businessmen. The author of the statuettes project is Michał Kubiak.