Last Saturday, for the thirteenth time, Employers of Poland presented prestigious awards for distinguished entrepreneurs – “Vectors”.
– We had our reasons for choosing the Library of the Warsaw University as the location for this gala. This is not a place like any other and extraordinary people have been here. Fourteen years ago – shortly after this building was opened – President Bush stood in the exact same place where I am standing now and said this place was filled with the spirit of Polish entrepreneurship and growth – said Andrzej Malinowski, President of Employers of Poland, at the opening of the Gala. – I do not know whether American presidents are trained to prophesize, but those words have certainly proven prophetic considering who is present here today – cream of the crop of Polish entrepreneurship! – he added.
Andrzej Malinowski recalled the history of Polish entrepreneurs all over the Word. In 1608, Polish glaziers built the first factory in the New World in Jamestown in Virginia and managed it. The very same Poles organized the first strike in the New World, demanding worker’s rights, and succeeded. It is also for this reason, that every year Employers of Poland award “Vectors” – for those who shape the history of Polish entrepreneurship not to be forgotten.
During the Gala, President of Poland Bronisław Komorowski collected a „Super Vector” award. – I would like to thank all Polish entrepreneurs for their achievements, particularly for how they manage free Poland – he said. – There would be no freedom without your courage – added the President. He received the award for his determination and consistency in building social, political and economic dialog, as well as for the faith in the creativity and honesty of Polish entrepreneurs.
Apart from that, six „vectors” were presented to the following individuals and institutions:
1. Józef Dziubasik – Co-owner of the Bania Skiing Centre in Kotelnica Białczańska
For defying the established stereotype of the individualistic highlander; for showing a new direction for cooperation between local entrepreneurs, beneficial both for them and for the region as a whole.
2. Waldemar Biliński – Owner of the Biliński Textile Print
For building one of the most modern textile companies in Europe.
3. Konrad Pokutycki – Chairman of the Board at BSH Sprzęt Gospodarstwa Domowego Sp. z o.o.
For his personal contribution to the development of the home appliance industry in Poland, placing it in a leading position in Europe.
4. Edvinas Katilius – Chairman of the Board at Philip Morris Polska Distribution Sp. z o.o.
For dedication to strengthening the position of the Polish tobacco industry on the international arena.
5. Adam Góral – Chairman of the Board at Asseco Poland
For building a global company with a Polish soul. For passion and determination in educational and social activities.
6. TVP Info Program Debata Trójstronna (Tripartite Debate)
For determined attempts to reinstate dialog involving all three parties.